Updated: Apr 21, 2021
A home for children from diverse social and economic backgrounds.
Dr Graham's Homes is a school founded in 1900 for Anglo-Indian children. The founder was Reverend Dr. John Anderson Graham, a missionary and a moderator of the Church of Scotland, who settled in Kalimpong and worked with the local community for several years during the turn of the 20th century.
The school is home for children from diverse social and economic backgrounds. For many, this is their first home and the only home they will ever know as youngsters.
There is a strong bond between them, even after they leave and disperse to pursue their adult lives in a variety of different directions. They are like a lifelong family who share a special trust.
The school has its own farm growing fruit and vegetables plus producing milk and cheese. Charity members have volunteered in the farm, motivating and encouraging the farm staff and donating much-needed farm tools and books for the school library. Bridge The Gap has also provided equipment for one of the residential cottages.